Barcelona city located along the Mediterranean Sea and is the central core of a metropolitan area of 2,500 km2 and 5 million. One of the major metropolitan areas of Europe, being higher than the areas of Berlin, Rome and Stockholm. In turn, thanks to first-rate infrastructures like the Port of Barcelona, the airport, the high speed train, the Zona Franca, the Fira de Barcelona and the future Mediterranean Corridor rail line that will link the main ports of Spain to central and northern Europe as well as north Africa. In 2014 Barcelona was chosen as the European Capital of Innovation.
Barcelona also has a high-quality education system, excellent medical coverage universal access for residents, a complete network of shops and shopping centers, one of the best and most extensive cultural offerings of Europe. In Barcelona 78 museums, including the Picasso Museum and the Miró Foundation, 46 theaters and one of the palaces of the most famous opera houses in Europe) as well as a wide variety of leisure activities and sport. Barcelona is home to the “club,” the club of world’s most famous football.
- Barcelona is the city that has the best quality of life
- Barcelona is the city of international investment projects
- Barcelona is the tourist city in Europe with more than 2 million cruise passengers
- Barcelona is the city of “4th Smart city” of Europe
- Airport-El Prat de Barcelona is best in Europe
- Barcelona has two business schools IESE and ESADE
- Barcelona is home to the “Mobile World Congress” which brings together more than 90,000 professionals every year-until 2018.
Sales prices higher are found in neighborhoods like Sant Gervasi and Sarriá 5400-6000 € m2 m2 Eixample 4,000-10,000 € and 4,100 € Les Corts m2, while the cheapest are recorded in Nous Barris 1,800-2,400 € m2 Sant Andreu and € 2,600 m2.
The rent in Barcelona is 13.12 € / m2 for housing of 50 m, 10.22 € / m2 in homes up to 120 m and from 9 € / m2 in homes of more than 120 m2. However, in areas such as Paseo de Gracia or adjacent streets and downtown areas with high tourism potential and specific areas in uptown Barcelona can easily exceed 20 € / m2.
Map of districts